Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Little Summer Sunshine for your Plate

An apron full
We have depleted our garden, the dry summer was a bit rough on it and there is nothing left to harvest for the fall. We didn't get a single Squash this year! Last year we could have lived on Zucchini alone...and we practically did! Not a ONE this year! My little orange tomatoes did NOT seem to be affected by the blazing hot summer! I can't even begin to tell you how many tomato salads I made using them...they were soooooo good!

The weather is really starting to cool down but there have been a few warm afternoons to remind us of Summer or maybe hint to a Indian Summer. We took advantage of the yellow tomatoes that appeared to be the end of our veggies and threw them into a big yummy dinner salad!


This is one of my favorites:
Yellow Corn, black beans, pickled red peppers, tomatoes, red onion, romaine and Chicken. Everyone in the house loves it and the bright colors really do make it even more delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Umm, looks yummy! I'm still waiting for my tomatoes to ripen -- what's up with that!?!

    ReplyDelete