Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Little Summer Sunshine for your Plate

An apron full
We have depleted our garden, the dry summer was a bit rough on it and there is nothing left to harvest for the fall. We didn't get a single Squash this year! Last year we could have lived on Zucchini alone...and we practically did! Not a ONE this year! My little orange tomatoes did NOT seem to be affected by the blazing hot summer! I can't even begin to tell you how many tomato salads I made using them...they were soooooo good!

The weather is really starting to cool down but there have been a few warm afternoons to remind us of Summer or maybe hint to a Indian Summer. We took advantage of the yellow tomatoes that appeared to be the end of our veggies and threw them into a big yummy dinner salad!


This is one of my favorites:
Yellow Corn, black beans, pickled red peppers, tomatoes, red onion, romaine and Chicken. Everyone in the house loves it and the bright colors really do make it even more delicious!

What do you think about this article?

  1. Umm, looks yummy! I'm still waiting for my tomatoes to ripen -- what's up with that!?!

    ReplyDelete

Previous Post

Next Post