Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tute Tute Tuesday

I LOVE cupcakes...I really really do...

I Miss cupcakes....I really, really do....

I am missing my weekly batch of cupcakes that I usually make...replacing our oven has become a little more extensive than we realized it would be! Like needing a mini kitchen remodel to get it replaced! I personally am FREAKING out about it...its been forever!

Store bought cupcakes just don't do it for me....usually!

...don't get me wrong, I am not going to turn it down if you bring me one!

OK..back to Cupcakes....I have been craving them so I thought I would find a few fun cupcake tutorials for you. Going Old School...not even using Pinterest! haha...

First I found this beauty! Wouldn't you flip if someone gave you this! I would! It is beautiful!! This is made by a talented lady named Norma...never met her but that is lovely work! Her blog, From My Craft Room, looks like it is mainly paper craft lovelies! Which I do love....



Next I thought I would revisit a tutorial that I tried a while back. I can't remember if I posted it here or not...


I made this cute little cupcake headband for Lily. She LOVES cupcakes too and she also has several outfits that have a cupcake theme. I like to accessorize you know....

I couldn't find the EXACT tutorial I used the first time, but I will tell you that I found these two, and thought they were VERY close to what I had done! Click on either picture and it will take you right to their very informative tutorials!!!

Little Bit Shoppe Blog



 Viv out on a Whim

lets make cupcakes

For MINE I didn't do the base part of either tutorial because I was using mine as a headband....

What I did do, as you can see in this horribly lit picture, is take a small balloon and pipe the spackle right onto it.

 After it had set a bit, I popped the balloon and turned it over to air dry.

Then I cut a piece of felt in a circle and glued the finished cupcake topper to a headband and backed it with the felt! I cut a berry from a Christmas pick to make my cherry.

Lily gets soooo many compliments on her cupcake topper! It has held up really well too....

Thirdly, I thought I would actually torture myself with a REAL cupcake....
Don't these look DELICIOUS!
It is the type of frosting I use and everything....I don't like greasy frosting! YUCK!!


Coconut Cupcakes with Seven Minute frosting and coconut flakes
Coconut Cupcakes with Seven-Minute Frosting and Coconut Flakes

Sorry, had to go with Martha...there are sooo many blogs to choose from, but Martha can make a good cupcake. Or at least her staff can....lol...
Click the picture to go directly to the recipe.

I am officially tortured now for a cupcake!

Have a great Tuesday!!!

What do you think about this article?

Previous Post

Next Post