Thursday, January 20, 2011

Amazed...

My kids amaze me every day. Some times in the best of ways and other times not so much...today was a good one!

I have always said that Hayden has a passion about him. It is what gives him his spunk, his fire, his fight and his unbelievably BIG heart. We share a very special bond together because we have been through a lot together...more than most kids should have to go through. I see a lot of myself in him and today he brought home a poem. It was a writing exercise that they had to do in class, but it made me tear up because I could feel his passionate little heart in this short little poem. I hope he keeps writing his thoughts...I used to do it all the time when I was younger, it helped me express what I couldn't say out loud.

I wanted to share part of it with you....

Hayden Lee
Honorable, Knowledgeable and Strong
Brother of Lily, Jacob and Breeanna
Loves his family, sports and food
Feels happy with friends, and watching sports
Gives love, happiness and care....

I loved the way he described himself as honorable and strong, and most importantly, knowledgeable. I loved that he included food in his "love" because food is such a battle for him most days....And, he couldn't have hit the nail harder when he said he gives love, happiness and care. 

I LOVE That Boy!!!

Maybe I am feeling a bit "emotional" or maybe I am just so happy to see that he isn't jaded or angry about all the nonsense he has been put through his whole life...whatever it is, it made me a very happy Mama.

If you ever want to read more about Hayden, check out our other blog

What do you think about this article?

  1. Just read the other blog...I had no idea what challenges Hayden and your family have dealt with. I noticed in his writing that he used the word "happy" twice...that tells alot about the way he looks at life. Happy Belated birthday, Hayden...

    ReplyDelete

Previous Post

Next Post