Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day!

We finally had a real snow storm last night...the weather men had been crying wolf so much this year that nobody took them seriously...until it dropped over an inch in less than an hour..People got serious then!

I worked last night and drove home in ABSOLUTE terror! I slid all over the place and questioned my decision to have stayed for my full shift at work...I am a pretty confident driver in all weather, but I didn't account for the roads not being touched AT ALL by the snow plows. I was a wee bit scared when my car went sliding all over the place on one of our country roads. I was having major "flashes".....I promptly came home and broke all my rules...Ate junk and even had a glass (or two) of wine!

I tried to take a picture last night at a stop light because it was so beautiful...and crazy...kinda like my life...but the pictures wouldn't come out..it just looked like crazy streaks of white! I snapped this picture this morning...it looked like there is a little opening to heaven in the sky just above the trees..so pretty!


Which brings me to a Snow Day!!
Yeah!!
Today we are going to eat Pizza for lunch...
Watch Movies in our Jammie's....
Read, Knit, or whatever our little hearts desire...
Have Soup and Panini's for dinner..none of which will be low fat!
I have laundry to do, dishes to put up, rooms to clean and a million other things...but guess what...none of them are going to get done today!

I hope you have a great day!!!

What do you think about this article?

  1. We are not doing a think either. I have a mild case of some crap so I have a fever and a sore throat. Rick's been out shoveling some of our older neighbor's driveways this morning. The dogs are NOT happy about all this mess but at least our power is still on. Glad you made it home safely!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Previous Post

Next Post